RE: NANFA-- Yawning darters?

m c (midgatutordigests_at_yahoo.com)
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:47:14 -0800 (PST)

Well, all animals need to stretch their muscles or
they will athrophy.

For a fish, the mouth and gill muscles are the most
important. Hence they yawn. All other muscels get a
workout just by swimming.

Donminate fish are like prize fighters, they need more
exercise, thus they yawn more.

I have no data on this, but it seems the simplest
explaination.