NANFA-- RE: nanfa V1 #1825

Bob Sinclair (rjs_at_silcom.com)
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:15:50 -0800

Bruce:

Good thinking. I did this with my 5 ft. seine, and it works fine.
Note, though:
The first time I attached a chain, I used one that was way too heavy.
Since
I assume you'll be attaching the chain across the entire bottom of the
seen,
you need only a very light chain.

To attach it to the netting, I suggest using plastic "zip tie" (I'm
not sure that's
the correct name of them. They're the light plastic strips used to
secure
wiring in automobile and boat engine compartments, and similar
application.

Again, I suggest using very light ones, since all that's necessary is
to secure the
chain to the netting. I attached mine using a zip tie every 4 or 5
inches.

Hope this helps.

Whoops! I just scrolled down through the Digest postings, and see
others
beat me to it. Oh, well...

Bob

- - -