RE: NANFA-- Fish Photo Viewer?--was (Ohio NANFA Outing Trip

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:15:51 -0700

What I normally use (when I remember to bring it) is a fish capture cup that
has a lip on it. The kind that pet stores hand on the tank when they are
catching your fish. They work quite well, cheap enough to replace
frequently, and light enough to carry easily.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Crail, Todd
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 5:16 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: RE: NANFA-- Fish Photo Viewer?--was (Ohio NANFA Outing Trip
*Trailer*)

It may be best then to just use all acrylic. Worst case scenario is I would
buff out any scratches. I hate it for aquariums, but that's just because I
usually have had bright lights and coraline algae to deal with heh.

I'm sure there's many arguments for using glass, but my number one reason
against it is... How do I get it all back when it busts out in the field.
That's a hazard I really don't like. And if you've ever seen how haphazzard
and rough I am on equipment (like you know, leaving my $800 camera sitting
on
a rock out in the middle of a riffle and walking away because there were
more
fish to catch)... You'll quickly understand why I want plastic :)

Well it sounds like between any of us Ohio Boys we'll be able to slap one
together. Maybe Jonah's could market it to schools and nature centers too
:)