Re: NANFA-- Freshwater/brackish

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:29:57 -0400

<x-flowed>
I believe ya, Nick. But they won't reproduce and I'd bet that their lifespan
is reduced. I've found bluegills living in freshwater ponds on barrier
islands in Virginia in water of 1 ppt salinity. In ponds with 4-5 ppt, they
weren't present. The adults can survive but are reproductively incompetent.
I should have fleshed out my original thought, oh well...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "njz" <njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Freshwater/brackish
>Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:50:23 -0400
>
>I currently have bluegill and golden shiners at 11ppt NaCl.
>
>Nick Zarlinga
>

>"If we ignore nature.....maybe it'll go away."

</x-flowed>