RE: NANFA-- Probability of Dead Stuff

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:32:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Jay DeLong wrote:

> It's has the same intent as the bumper sticker "Nuke the Whales".
> Much of this behavior isn't anti-environment, it's anti-environmentalist.

I think it's not anti-environmentalist as much as it is
anti-ecoextremist. Most people have at least SOME respect and love for
their environment...they don't however appreciate people sitting back from
the gallery and lobbing insults, edicts and other nasty attacks at them
for their perceived failures when most of the time those same attackers
are riddled with their own hypocrisies. No one will willingly change
with a sword (or lawsuit) stuck to their throat. A little patience,
education and hands on interaction would go a lot farther than all the
edicts coming from many ultra liberal ecoextremists. And all the money
wasted in lawsuits could certainly be more wisely spent in education
programs so that these types of ignorant bumper stickers and signs would
disappear on their own.

My opinion...for what it's worth.

Luke