Re: Re: NANFA-- Collecting on the St. John's River Plain

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:03:07 -0500

Most of the fish I collect have been mature. I do not have experience using it with hook & line captured fish. When I have had injured fish in my aquarium, I have had little luck getting them to survive. It seems no amount of water changes and stress coat has made a difference. But those have been the most recommended procedures to use to save the fish. Maybe the age of the fish is a likely factor in the survivability of these fish.

Of Course, some antibiotics and anti fungals might work when appropriate, but cost vs. benefit must weigh in at some point. I spent close to $15.00 trying to get a fish to survive after I collected him earlier this summer. In the end he died and the money spent didn't make any difference; just added to my experience.

John