RE: NANFA-- alabama gettaway and such

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:43:07 -0400

That's 74 years young Lee :) I'm approaching the 30-something category and I really enjoy the company of the more mature folks that inspire me that I don't have to sit around and be grumpy about my situation when I age up a bit. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with folks at the convention who had seen more of life than I have. For example at the banquet, there was Rob, Matt and I at the table (who are probably all way too passionate for our own good ;) balanced by the experience and tact of the Humberts and Claus Sutor. We had a fantastic discussion all thru the dinner and I think everyone walked away enlightened (at least I did anyway :).

And not that he's anchient by any means... But then there was that guy that showed that sometimes, the best thing to do in any circumstance, is... curl up under an oak and take a nice afternoon nap. In the world I normally live in... You could never stop and just savor the afternoon shade. Thanks for the lesson Ken :)

Todd
-----Original Message-----
From: EELReprah_at_aol.com
Sent: Wed 9/25/2002 1:11 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- alabama gettaway and such

In a message dated 9/25/02 10:01:28 AM, roselawn_at_mindspring.com writes:

<< At first, I too was amazed at the
average age of the NANFAns I met, >>

Me too, from the other direction. I am 74 and everyone seems much younger.
However, when it comes to endurance on the collecting trips, I can keep up
with any of them. That's really what counts.

Lee Harper
Media, PA

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]