Re: NANFA-- Re: Steffen's remarks

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:45:58 +0200

Yap! Ex-ac-te-ly! I was "fixed on" when seeing my first rainbow darter years
ago. And the more NANF I saw the more it came over me. Now that I have the
room and space to keep them (cold enough all season, large enough etc.),
there will be more and more. Don4t know if you can imagine the tension I
feel waiting for spring coming to breed my first darters?

Well, species from the warmer continents are easier to maintain in
aquariums, especially the very tropical ones. But if NANF were that easy
they would be on top of aquarists interest. Being special, cold water
mostly, heavy eaters and some other special characteristics keep them from
becoming that popular. Who will AC his house for some fish? Who has a
room/garage for the winter, who can provide enough food a.s.o.

For me my NANF are well worth the work and time they take.

Steffen

-