Re: NANFA-- a different kind of aquarium stand

Sajjad Lateef (sajjadlateef_at_yahoo.com)
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jeremy Tiemann <jtiemann_at_inhs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I came across an inexpensive coffee table (46"L x 15"W x 15"H) and a
> ~40-gal long (48"L x 12"W x 15"H) aquarium. Has anyone ever put
> something that big on a coffee table? I was thinking of filling the
> aquarium 1/2 to 3/4 full, and using it as my turtle / sunfish tank
> with sand substrate and driftwood and large rock for turtle basking.
> I am going to brace the underneath of the coffee table with 2x6 or
> 2x8 at the ends and in the middle. Any comments on this?

If you and two of your friends can stand on the table without
it breaking, then it's probably already sturdy enough.

(Assuming that a 40G will be about 400-450 lbs in weight.)

=====

--
Sajjad Lateef
sajjad_at_acm.org