Re: NANFA-- Non-Release Policy

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:40:12 -0500

The big argument against this is the possibility of introducing a pathogen
(disease) that the fish may have picked up from other fish in your care.
(Tropicals, Non-natives and such) Personally I think this is a long shot and I
don't see a problem with releasing fish into the same spot they were taken from.
That said, I would never recommend returning a fish that had been held in
captivity.

Ty