Re: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:38:37 +0200

That4s real life. Why and how should the landowner know about a tiny
protected fish? People in general only care for mammals and birds. But a big
win for the species as this man will not go on using them as bait.

1 : 0 for cumberlandensis, coached by Rick.

Steffen

> Von: "Rick Phillips" <philipsr_at_chartertn.net>
> Antworten an: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
> Datum: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:11:21 -0400
> An: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
> Betreff: Re: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news
>
> I'll throw my two cents worth in on this one. I'm sure for some of our
SOSC
> we're not even close to having an overall picture of distribution and
> numbers. I know that in the past couple of years a whole lot of new
> information has come to light on the distribution and numbers of the
> Blackside Dace (Phoxinus cumberandensis) in Tennessee thanks to the work of
> some of our Stream Survey Crews. I know of one instance in particular
where
> a crew was surveying in some rugged, remote areas of the Cumberaland
Plateau

-