Re: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news [off topic]

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:37:46 +0200

I have some fry of the Northern Studfish in the pond, not many but the fish
I received where juveniles (the big pairs went into aquarium). I lost most
of the adults (grown from 1 - 1,5 to 4 - 5 inches from March to August!)
without reason, probably they were injured by a small fishing bird (german
"ice-bird") which lives at a creek one km away. I will scoop the fry out
soon and raise separately in aquarium. Hope to establish this fish in one of
my ponds.

A friend of mine is very much into Bettas (CT, DT, Plakats), I am only
interested in the wild forms, merely a true! splendens wild. I have a
wild-form strain but doubt it is "pure".

Steffen