Re: NANFA--Filters, 1/2 full large round tanks

Irate Mormon (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:01:23 -0500

Jan, what's your budget for the filters?

On 28 Sep 2003 at 20:26, Hoover, Jan J ERDC-EL-MS wrote:

> I have some large (approx 3 ft high, 5 ft diameter) plastic circular
> tanks that I would like to maintain half- to three-quarters full of
> water. Each will contain a single large fish (gar) for 1-3 months. I
> do not plan to use any type of substrate. I need a filter in each
> that is simple and durable. If located outside the tank, it must draw
> water up approx 16 inches. Tanks will be at ground-level. It is not
> practical to elevate tanks very high (although they could be set up
> some on cinder blocks).
>
> Do any of you have experience filtering tanks like these for short
> periods of time ? If so, can you recommend a particular type of
> filter ?
>
> Thanks.
> -------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not
> necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American
> Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the
> North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To
> subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe,
> unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to /
> nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to /
> nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about
> NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org

Prost,

Martin

--
The people in the village were real poor, so none of the children had any toys. But
this one little boy had gotten an old enema bag and filled it with rocks, and he