Re: NANFA-L-- Excellent collecting toy, and now a question for the elders

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Excellent collecting toy, and now a question for the elders
From: Mysteryman (bestfish-in-alaweb.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 20:10:01 CST

Snailcollector-in-cs.com wrote:

> How do you get to access it?
.
I typed up the URL and a nice set of instructions on how to use the
site, but right before I sent it I realized that while this would be a
very powerful tool in the hands of a NANFA member, the potential for
it's abuse is staggering. It may sound strange or self-righteous, but I
really don't know if letting everyone know about it is really such a
great idea.
As such, I have to posit this question to the membership, especially the
more senior members:
Is it safe to unleash this thing? Are the risks of abuse legitimate, or
just my exaggerated imagination? Would the benefits outweigh any such
risks? Think carefully about it. If everyone suddenly had the ability to
know exactly where to find any species they wanted, would those species
be safe from us, or are we NANFA types responsible enough to protect
what we love? I have saved the email I was going to send, and am ready
to reveal all if you guys think it's a good idea.

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:42:06 CST