Re: NANFA-L-- So much for education...

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- So much for education...
anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 12:15:24 CST

Ipchay61-in-aol.com wrote:

> I have reduced the number of trip reports that I've written and when I do write them I give site location numbers that I assign myself. I also say that if anyone would like further site location info, to email me off list. I do this mainly because of one person who has visited several sites I've listed in the past and trashed them, including a site that is now protected by the state (he visited the site AFTER I told him it was protected and off limits - this person is NOT a NANFA member but does claim to be).

Wondering why would that person want to do with the fish collected? I
assume the site being trashed means the collecter collects loads of
fish.

My experience in other part of the world where fishes are generally
not protected is that telling exact collecting locales around too much
often results in commercial collecter wannabees (and sometimes real
ones too) collect the fish to the point of the destruction of the
fish, the locale, and the economy of such wannabees.

Tony

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:42:07 CST