Re: NANFA-L-- Another Crayfish Problem?

Tom Watson (onefish2fish-in-comcast.net)
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:39:57 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50768.1032B900

If you don't have a trap, try putting some bait (they really like oily =
things, salmon or bacon, etc) into one of those mesh bags like onion =
sets come in. Tie it closed with a long string and let it set on the =
bottom. Also set a net with the hoop side on the bottom and the handle =
sticking out the top of the aquarium. Let the cray get busy with the =
bait and then slowly pull the bag, bait and cray toward the waiting net. =
The crays legs tend to get caught up in the mesh and you can usually =
scoop them quickly with the net before they can get free. Bring the net =
to the surface fast so he can't swim out.

Note: I have used this technique in Lake Washington, but never in an =
aquarium.
Tom
West Hyblos Creek Drainage
Washington State