RE: NANFA-L-- Freshwater Mussel Survey of the Pee Dee Watershed

Chip Rinehart (crin-in-glassmaster.com)
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:59:45 -0500

I see the pdf file was removed. If anyone is interested in seeing the survey, email me off list and I'll forward it to you.

Chip in SC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org [owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org]On Behalf
Of Chip Rinehart
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 8:48 AM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org; Nativefishconservancy-in-yahoogroups.com
Subject: NANFA-L-- Freshwater Mussel Survey of the Pee Dee Watershed

For those of you interested in Freshwater Mussels. I received this email
earlier today.

Chip in SC
---------------------

Attached is the document "Freshwater Mussel Surveys of the Pee Dee River
Watershed, South Carolina". This report documents our findings regarding
mussel fauna in the Great Pee Dee River and its major tributaries, along with
the Black and Waccamaw Rivers. As you will see, these rivers still contain
some great freshwater mussel fauna worthy of our conservation efforts.

This effort was a two-year project conducted by The Nature Conservancy's South
Carolina Chapter, who contracted with The Catena Group of Hillsborough, North
Carolina to perform SCUBA and shallow water searches in many areas previously
unexplored for freshwater mussels.

Although funded entirely by private dollars, The Nature Conservancy is
treating this information as public domain. Please feel free to reference this
document, and to share it with others who may be interested. However, we do
ask everyone to please respect our investment in developing this information
and credit The Nature Conservancy (South Carolina Chapter) and The Catena
Group appropriately when using it.

This work was funded primarily by the Mott Foundation, with additional
contributions from Progress Energy, Inc. and International Paper, Inc. Labor
and logistical support was also provided by the US Fish and Wildlife Service,
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, South Carolina Aquarium, and
interested private citizens.

Please call or email me if you have questions about the document.

Regards,

Eric

_____

Eric Krueger
Aquatic Program Manager

ekrueger-in-tnc.org
(843) 937-8807 Ext. 16 (Phone)
(843) 709-0232 (Mobile)
(843) 937-6735 (Fax)

nature.org <http://10177.portal.tnc.org/ppfprefix/http://nature.org/>
<http://10177.portal.tnc.org/ppfprefix/http://nature.org/images/emailsig_pixe
l.gif> The Nature Conservancy
South Carolina Field Office
960 Morrison Drive, Suite 100
P.O. Box 20246
Charleston, SC 29413
<http://10177.portal.tnc.org/ppfprefix/http://nature.org/images/ema
ilsig_logo.gif>

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Mussels of the Pee Dee in SC - Final.pdf]