Re: NANFA-L-- A New Tradition: Signatures!

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- A New Tradition: Signatures!
From: Dave McNeely (dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 13:39:32 CDT

I guess this is all very well. I always sign my messages, and I have a
signature file which identifies me professionally and provides contact
information, as well. But the detail about what drainage one lives in?
Most of us probably do live somewhere, but range more widely for either
personal or professional fish related activities. For example, I live in
the Canadian R. drainage, a sub basin of the Arkansas R., and the university
where I work lies in the the Cimarron R. drainage, another subbasin of the
Arkansas. But I work all over Oklahoma and parts of Texas, Kansas, and
Arkansas, in a great many drainages. I could point out that I live in the
Mississippi R. drainage, I guess : - ) ! But then, what about all the stuff
I do in the Gulf coastal drainages in Texas? But with further reflection,
it's not a bad idea, and those who feel they may be conveying worthwhile
information about themselves may want to go ahead with it. For myself, my
signature includes a link to my web page, which includes further links to
some of the work I have done or am doing.

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
P.O. Box 1500