Re: NANFA-L-- Habitat questions and more fish pictures

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:04:28 -0700 (PDT)

I am the one that is in McMinnville. I like playing
in the Stones river near its source on Short Mountain
just north east of Woodbury. I know a few people in
the area and collect slate and flat limestone river
rocks there as well. I love catching and seeing the
different species but I have no idea what I am
catching for the most part. Nearly everything is
released afterwards. Would love to meet up with you
and head down to shelbyville. I am disabled so most of
the time all you have to do is say when but I am a
single father of 4 and have to get someone to watch
kids which is not much of a problem. I got hooked on
natives looking for native killies and they are still
my focus.

Matt, I have been up your way a 2 times this year but
both were short notice trips. I need to go to
Cookeville again soon. I need to take some angel fish
and killies to empty out some tank space. Also one of
the LFS buys rocks from me that I collect-in-Short
mountain and I got a trunk full as he was gone last
week when I went to deliver it(Friday). Got a day free
for local collecting in the very near future?

Later, John

--- geoffrey kimber <gkimber2-in-gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'll just have to do that. Thanks, Todd.
>
> I also like to fish with other people so I can be
> more than "that
> crazy fish guy who stands in the river and talks to
> himself".
>
> Geoff
>

> On 7/12/06, Crail, Todd <tcrail-in-utnet.utoledo.edu>
> wrote:
> > Man Geoff, you're sittin' in temperate aquatic
> diversity central, just in case
> > you hadn't realized this. North Alabama is much
> more nature pretty and should
> > definately be explored, but the aquatic stuff in
> the Duck is insane, and right
> > in your back yard, while you're getting settled
> in.
> >
> > Hop on SR 231and go into Shelbyville where you
> cross the Duck River. There's
> > a park there-in-the dam. You will get your mind
> blown, and that's just a
> > taste. We did something like 28 species in 30
> meters this spring. Zip over
> > there to McMinnville and you get a whole new set
> of fish.
> >
> > Todd
> > The Jealousy Madness, Toledo, OH
> > It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
> > http://www.farmertodd.com

John Cox of Cumberland Killifish
Honey Robber beekeeping and removal services

Please join A Fishy World my new email group all
about fish-in-AFishyWorld-subscribe-in-yahoogroups.com
http://mail.yahoo.com