Re: NANFA-L-- spiral strip

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:37:44 -0800

Bob Bock wrote:
> How are the spiral strips working out? I had a plan to do that myself.
> Unfortunately, though, we can't get daylight spirals around here, only the
> standard warm white.

Sorry to butt in, but I was just curious why one would do this. Around
here (L.A.) the daylight spiral bulbs cost about $7 for a 22W (around
1200 lumens) -- roughly 5.8 cents per 10 lumens. You can get daylight
power compact fluorescent bulbs for about $11 with 4600 lumens for about
$11 -- about 2.3 cents per 10 lumens.