Re: NANFA-L-- powerheads

geoffrey kimber (gkimber2-in-gmail.com)
Sun, 1 May 2005 15:32:05 -0400

I do this frequently, especially for darters.

I use the strainer that comes with the powerhead and I'v enever had a
live fish stuck in a powerhead.

There is also a filter made to attach to an aquaclear 802 powerhead
that I have used from time to time. It's a big cylinder with a bunch
of holes that attaches to the bottom of the powerhead. You are
supposed to put either carbon or some biofilter media in the canister,
but I don't. I'd use it more often if I had more 802's.

Geoff Kimber
Fredericksburg,VA