Re: NANFA-L-- Alabama books

Todd D. Crail (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Tue, 10 May 2005 12:44:43 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_017E_01C5555E.09E6BAD0

I agree with Dave. The Boschung and Mayden release is of the highest =
quality, especially for the price. The drawings make features easy to =
distinguish, and you can always follow up with photos online, if you =
want the real deal to compare.

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
----- Original Message -----=20
From: matt ashton=20
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org=20
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Alabama books

Thanks Dave. That is the impression I have been getting from some =
reviews. I never really liked my Mette '96 book, kind of a =
dissappointment with just alot of flashy pictures, it just came out =
before the other one when it was purchased for me.

Matt Ashton
Graduate Research Assistant
Tennesee Tech University

dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu wrote:
Hi,

The book you refer to as the "Mayden release" is co-authored by =
Herbert=20
Boschung (first author) and Richard Mayden (second author). Herb=20
Boschung worked for many years on the Alabama fish fauna, took the =
lead=20
in developing this book, and has earned accolades for its quality.

The Boschung book is one of the finest state fish books ever=20
published. The other book you mentioned was also published and=20
printed, and I have no other comment.

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely/index.htm

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"