Re: NANFA-L-- Flame Chub Testimony On Friday

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:43:26 -0500

The published material is kind of flakey. On the application for a
Scientific Collecting Permit, and with literature that comes with it, it
includes a list of species for which a SCP is needed, including flame chubs.
But on other, more definitive, lists it doesn't say anything about flame
chubs; they certainly don't have any formal state listing, for all the good
that does in Alabama anyway. I just downloaded a .pdf from the state DCNR
that lists "species of concern" in two broad categories, again not including
flame chubs but including some mussels I'd never seen listed by the state.
So I can't explain...

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the mussel-rich Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A