Re: NANFA-L-- Flagfish

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:38:12 -0800 (PST)

No I haven't observed any fin nipping. There has been some chasing but that is about it. I really wish it was a 10 gallon because I started off with enough plants for it and it is a bit crowded, and really segregated right now with the number of fish I have. The biggest issue I see is a few very gaunt zonatum that arent getting food because of the aggressive flagfish. I've been feeding ALOT of frozen baby brine shrimp along with frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp in hopes that the flagfish will take the larger food leaving plenty of food for the zonatum. I am probably going to try and start some green water cultures or see if anyone has any live cultures going on around school pretty soon.

Matt
Cookeville, TN
Caney Fork River Drainage

Mark <nanfa-in-jonahsaquarium.com> wrote:
At 12:07 PM -0800 11/10/05, matt ashton wrote:
>I love my Flagfish too! I got some in the mail last month, put them
>in a 5 gal with a few E. zonatum fry packed with elodea, java moss,
>and some other local plants that look like java moss and they have
>taken off in size and color. I rarely see them so I'm not sure my
>sex ratio and I'm not too concerned about spawning but there is
>nothing more that I enjoy right now than seeing a Flagfish poke out
>of one of the holes in the elodea clumps and grab my attention away
>from the TV up above.

Matt,

have you observed the flagfish nipping-in-the fins of the zonatum?

--
Mark
Conejo Creek drainage

<))><

Need fish? http://www.jonahsaquarium.com/ /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml