Re: NANFA-- flier ?

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:58:17 -0500

Chuck,

I have a juvie sititing in my 10g tank right now. The attached photo is
what he looked like just removed. He took to bloodworms (frozen)
immediately. I have him in a tank with weed shiners, Mud and Slough
darters. He's seems peaceful right now but who knows when he gets a
little older, eh? Anyway, the "eye-spot" on the soft dorsal is suposed
to dissapear with age. Other than the eye-spot and the reduced size,
he looks pretty much like a small white crappie. Looks just like the
picture in Petersons. Caught him in a slough flooded from spring rains
off the Sabine River, Tx. Some of the other pics are OK. The Mud
Darters were stunning pulling them out of the water.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/maxx8/vwp?.dir=/Aquarium+Photos/OSRB&.dnm=flier.jpg&.src=bc&.view=l&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/maxx8/lst%3f%26.dir=/Aquarium%2bPhotos/OSRB%26.src=bc%26.view=l

John