Re: NANFA-- bryozoans

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:22:17 -0700

Hello Moon, others,

There is a lake on Sauvie Island in Portland, Oregon that has an incredible
population of these weird creatures. Thousands of colonies of them in the
size ranges you mentioned. Most are attached to sedges. Should prove easy
to harvest (can't really call it collecting). I personally don't think I
would want to maintain any in an aquarium as they don't move, lack color,
are a tad disgusting, and generally freak me out. Good luck though. Please
do keep me informed though of that project, as one of the local boys is in
love with the creatures, and is seriously considering maintaining a colony.

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org