RE: NANFA-- William J. Matthews

Hoover, Jan J ERDC-EL-MS (HOOVERJ_at_wes.army.mil)
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:48:53 -0500

Bruce -

As William J. Matthews' first graduate student (albeit not the first to
grduate), I can proudly say that I own this expensive tome.

I will be happy to photocopy the sections on Campostoma for you. Are you in
a hurry?

- Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Stallsmith
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 1:45 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- William J. Matthews

As part of my ongoing readings and research on stonerollers (_Campostoma_
species) I've come across an author whose work I haven't seen yet, William
J. Matthews. He's author of the book "Patterns in Freshwater Fish Ecology"
which sounds good, and he apparently discusses his work with _C. anomalum_
in parts of the work. My question to the list, does anybody have this book,
or any copies (or references) to his works? The "Inter Library Loan" program

my library uses is a joke, so I haven't filed a request with them yet.
Matthews seems to be a well-respected stream-fish ecologist. This may be
just one more book I'll look up next time I visit the University of Georgia,

which actually has an excellent science library...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A
"home of the University of Alabama in Huntsville"