Re: LFS WAS Re: NANFA--thatpetplace.com

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:38:41 -0800

Hello Dave,

That is a sad tale. In my area there are about a dozen shops, and I only
patronize one regularly, and two infrequently. The fish that surprised you
are always available at my favorite store. Every week the owner brings in
fish that I have never seen before. His idea is that he wants to sell fish
that maintain HIS interest in the hobby. He has 4 or 5 pencils in right
now, even one undescribed species called Nanostomus sp. "red arch". It is
an incredible red fish. He also has espei pencils in all the time! It is
an amazing store!

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org