Re: NANFA-- All this talk about pickerel, gars, etc

jake levi (jlevi_us_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:23:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ted
just about every state varies, here in NY you can
handnet, seine or otherwise catch nonsport fishes
without a permit for your own use, if its commercail
then you have to get a permit. Its illegal to have any
part of a Sturgeon in your possession, but you can get
a permit for parts of Lake Sturgteon etc etc and etc.

check with your DNC as to what they want. Some states
Longears are ordinary panfish, here they are
threatened.

Its really impossible to have any uniform statutes
across the land as every state varies so much.
jake