RE: NANFA-- extreme collecting II

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 00:04:52 -0500

Or the piranha feeding frenzy where the local fishermen dump their scraps? :)
-----Original Message-----
From: Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sent: Sat 12/14/2002 11:59 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- extreme collecting II

In a message dated 12/14/02 11:17:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tcrail_at_northshores.com writes:

> Killing a horse, one would think, would not serve any purpose as it would
> probably kill anything else in the water with it, including itself.
I have read confirmed accounts of people and horses being killed but it might
be from stopping the heart rather than frying the horse. They are supposed to
immune to their own shocks and do kill small caiman and other fish. Since the
water they live in is of very low conductivity a touch might be necessary to
give a killing blow. Like most "dangerous" animals they are probably
exaggerated for macho effect of story telling. Kinda like 50' anacondas and
such.

Moon

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]