Re: [Re: NANFA-- Plants]{D.WEED}

Scott Burner (windburn_at_netscape.net)
19 Dec 99 09:56:15 EST

"Jeremy Carroll" <eagle_at_on-net.net> wrote:

>One plant to try to avoid in my opnion is duck weed it is virtually
>impossible to eliminate once you get it in a tank and the tiny plant
>will eventually cover every inch of the surface.

Alright thx. I can't use duckweed even if I wanted to cause I have a whipser
power filter and the filter is just to strong. It causes the duckweed to go
under the water and go into the intake tube clogging the filter.

/-- Hi J
The best way I have found to keep a heavily planted tank is to use a spounge
pre-filter on the intake tube. It will even work with a large whisper and duck
weed.I like the duck w because it provides good shelter for fry that hang at
the surface and every so often I feed it to my plant eating fish to thin it
out.
Hey did anyone else see the Dicscovery channel doc on the mimic octopi?
It was amazing. The mimic could immitate a jelly fish, a poisonous water
snake,a snail (by hiding in sand and sticking up only it's eyes), a lion fish,
and I thought most interestingly, and most convincingly as well, a flounder
scooting along the bottom.
Not a native, but imho worthy of mention.
Does any one know of this kind of behavior in any other fish?