RE: NANFA-- 135 gal. Freshwater Tank

Shane Graber (SGraber_at_sauder.com)
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:14:53 -0500

LG said the impellor shaft was made of stainless steel and that it was
"saltwater safe." When a lot of marine hobbyists started buying this pump
they found out that it really wasn't "saltwater safe" and that some shafts
would corrode. It was traced down to using a lower grade stainless steel on
the shaft than what is typically used in marine applications. This little
fact basically doomed Jimmy from the onset.

Jimmy's not answering any more inqiries about the Reeftec's unless
something's changed on his website: http://www.reeftec.com/ It's
definitely a great product, but just doesn't hold up long term in a
corrosive environment like a marine tank.

This mod is *incredibly* easy if you get the LG pump, a 1" nylon spacer,
nylon screw, and left hand RC boat prop. The only real thing that would
take much time to fabricate would be the hanger for inside the tank. I'm
considering using this on my 125 freshwater tank (when I get going on
setting it up)... ;)

Shane