Re: NANFA-- Re: lamprey attack

Christopher Scharpf (ichthos_at_comcast.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:37:56 -0400

Thanks, Josh. I took a look at one and it mentions lowering the incidents of
lamprey "attachments" on humans. I guess my question is, Is there a
difference between an attack and an attachment? Lampreys do hang on objects,
and may occasionally hitch rides on other, bigger animals. It's their
nature. Do such attachments qualify as "attacks," though? Are the lampreys
actively trying to feed, or are they just "hanging out"?

Chris