Re: NANFA-- Jumpin' Out

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003_at_yahoo.com)
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:33:12 -0800 (PST)

this has been noted by Striped Bass fisherman in the south for a long time...they just run the fish right up onto the banks and where else does the pray have to go but up and out of the water...they just end up landing on the bank instead of back into the water...

Mark <nanfa_at_jonahsaquarium.com> wrote:At 3:32 PM -0500 2/29/04, wrote:
>On the way back, I stopped at the Chickies Creek near Landisville. The water
>was clear and a bit low so I was hopeful. However hopeful was not with me as
>all I managed was a single Tessellated Darter that more or less caught
>himself. The poor fish saw me and swam right out onto a mudbank!

Hey, that's interesting. You just reminded me of something. We saw
the same thing at Big Darby Saturday. We stepped into the water at
one point to get to a riffle area, and and when we turned around,
there was a good sized rockbass laying up on the bank, live and
kickin'. Must be the way to avoid predators when all the vegetation
is dead from the winter.

--
Mark
Ohio