RE: NANFA--now pet peeve r (hellbenders plus!)

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:19:52 -0500

Ray, I must have lost the idea on the thread but to answer your question on
how a species can be protected in one side of the line and not the other
does not necessarily refer to the edge of the range. It has to do primarily
with habitat loss and use of land in the state. By listing an animal it
*should* afford some protection to stressors of that species- collection or
disruption of the habitat. No?

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo