Re: NANFA-- pet store natives alert

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:48:11 EST

In a message dated 1/31/04 1:25:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, Prizma_at_aol.com
writes:

> ive been picking up lately that native fish are in need of rescue from
glass
> shrimp feeder tanks.
> a terrible, wasteful and brutal death for our natives to be consumed by
> tropical foreigners. :)

Actually the shrimp are probably native shrimp, that is how they get mixed in
with natives. Ghost/grass shrimp are very common around here, at least two or
three different kinds. I can catch them by the bucket full and I often catch
other fish at the same time. I sell them to local pet shops sometimes. They
tell their customers they are tropical shrimp. It's the big lie, anything for
sale in a petshop is tropical.

Moon