Re: NANFA-- rubrifrons vs. auroguttatus

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:14:42 -0400

<x-flowed>
In short, F. cingulatus (_not_ auroguttatus, that was a confusing name
mistake that is now reversed...) has less red on the body, especially the
face, than F. rubrifrons. I don't know if there are any significant
differences between females of the two species.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- rubrifrons vs. auroguttatus
>Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 06:24:56 -0400
>
>Hi, all, does anyone know how to tell the two species that used to be
>fundulus cingulatus apart?
>
>How does fundulus rubrifrons differ from fundulus auroguttatus? Do the
>females as well as males show any of these differences?
>/ Association"
>Association
>http://www.nanfa.org

--Bruce Stallsmith