Re: NANFA-- OT Privacy Warning

Irate Mormon (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:44:36 -0500

This is a great tool for my weekend stalking activities, but I should point out that this isn't really new web technology. It's just taken
a bit more work in the past, and you often had to visit several reverse directories before you got a hit on somebody's phone number.
Have you, by any chance, ever looked at a city directory? This is what PI's used to use to find out stuff about you. You would be
very surprised at some of the stuff that's in there, such as whether you own or rent, what business you are in, how many kids (and
their names!), &c.

On 15 Jul 2003 at 22:34, Stott Noble wrote:

> I know this is way off-topic but it's a bit scary IMHO. When I
> received this e-mail I assumed it was a hoax, but when I checked it
> out, there was my address, name and a map to my house. Though y'all
> would want to know.
>
> -Stott

> > > 48-hours. If
> it
> > is
> > > > >

> ^^^^^^^^^^
> ><)))'>' -Stott

> nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to /
> nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about
> NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS

--
At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark
Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I