Re: NANFA-- Newbie from Oregon

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:00:03 -0700

<x-flowed>
At 09:16 AM 6/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Partly because of a fish I found in one of our local streams and I
>am trying to find out what it is. I think it is Cottus Bairdi (Mottled
>Sculpin) but I am not sure.

Welcome to the list, Kevin. Unles you're in far eastern Oregon, I'd say
it's unlikely that you have a mottled sculpin. The mottled has a lot of
stuff written about it because it's so common in other parts of the US and
Canada. Where do you live and is there any way to take a clear photo of
that fish? If not, can you describe it? There are quite a few freshwater
sculpins in Oregon.

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA