Re: NANFA-- Goldfish DEAD

George Arndt (georgeacim_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:43:23 -0400

<x-flowed>
well i was shook up by the goldfish dieing. i removed the liner from the
pond hole and spread it over the grass. then i mixed strong liquid laundry
detergent in a little water and using a large towel i scrubbed down the
entire 1000 square feet of the liner on the top side. and washed it down
with the hose. that was last night. today it is raining and it is suppose
to rain tomorrow. this is good as it is washing off the liner even more. i
will try to take a test sample of water off the liner after the rain is
complete. and test another goldfish. but now i am nervous that even if the
goldfish seems to be OK that the damage may take a few weeks to show up and
all my good fish would be injured beyond repair.

this pond is on a hill. i had a landscaper do some work on leveling out the
site. it is not complete yet. but the site is looking much better. he
removed much of the bad soil that the backhoe left in a big heap. then i
put a level string around the hole and now comes the leveling off.
unfortunately it looks too wide at the low end of the hill for the liner. i
may have to put some soil back into the hole.

pond builing on a hill is not so easy. hehe. but it is fun.

george arndt
harvard. mass