RE: NANFA-- Feeding Crappies

Ken Wintin (kwintin_at_desertmuseum.org)
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:14:49 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Bob Wiltshire
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 11:08 AM
To: NANFA
Subject: NANFA-- Feeding Crappies

Bob,
Crappie eat just about anything that moves and is small enough to fit into
their rather large mouths. The favorite is small fish, though they do eat
invertebrates. That is, of course if you intend to keep them in
captivity....otherwise try a lead-head jig, or a Clouser's deep minnow fly.
Just kidding. They can be adapted(forced) to eat prepared food, I am told,
but I have never tried it. Besides it is more fun to watch the fear of the
minnows as they try to flee being eaten.
Mean old KITD

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to feed Black
Crappies? We have a group of four wild fish about 6".

Any suggestions?

Bob