RE: NANFA-- backyard fun...

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:11:33 -0400

Klaus,

I'd love to go collecting down there. I've always wondered what was in
the Ohio drainage side of the hills. Mark Binkley and I were going to
check out the Ottawa River headwaters near Lima sometime this year...
Maybe we could make that all up into one trip :)

Anyone else interested in a West Central Ohio trip?

Todd
-----Original Message-----
From: Al G Eaton
Sent: Mon 5/20/2002 8:46 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: RE: NANFA-- backyard fun...

--- "Crail, Todd" <tcrail_at_northshores.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your quick responses Ray and Al. I
> hadn't thought of
> sticklebacks. That would be sooo cool. I don't
> know if this was the
> historic range of them, I know they appear a tiny
> bit further north -
> where we're having the convention this year. I'll
> have to research.

You can catch sticklebacks as far south in ohio as
spring valley lake, near Xenia and they are fairly
common in the upper mad river system where I have also
collected them in Macochee Creek. This is pretty much
the southern end of their historic range. Mudminnows
also occur in Spring Valley Lake. Let me know if you
want to go after them sometime.

Klaus

=====
_____________Oooo_______________________
_____oooO___(___)___________________
____(___)____)_/________________
_____\_(____(_/_____________________
______\_)______________________bye
------
/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not
necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native
Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native
Fishes Association
/ nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help,
send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of
an email to
/ nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the
command to
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,