Re: NANFA-- amano

D. Martin Moore (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:34:38 -0600

On 12 Nov 2001, at 20:06, Bruce Stallsmith wrote:

> One thing I've never understood with the CO2 injector system approach to
> plants: Doesn't CO2 diffuse out of the water pretty quickly? CO2 is a fairly
> hydrophobic molecule that has a low saturation point in water. Is the point
> merely to supersaturate the water with it by constantly blowing it in? Maybe
> the answer is so simple that I'm bamboozled by it.

Kind of, yeah. In intensely lit tanks it also keeps the pH down, as
the plants tend to remove so much CO2 the pH spikes to unhappy
levels.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did
was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I
picked it up, and started wondering who this person was,
and why he had deer horns.