RE: NANFA-- fish parasites

Erika Iyengar (eiyengar_at_mail.wooster.edu)
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 22:30:02 -0500

<x-flowed>
Yes, those are definitely the buggers on that poor little fish. I
have a fish totally covered with them in my tank in my office and
have noticed that he "flashes" quite a bit (scraping his body along
the bottom)--probably because they itch the heck out of him. He is
also the fish in the tank that keeps trying to leap up (and out)--but
since I put a lid on the tank he just bonks his head and keeps
trying. So far the other fish have not become infected, but I am
waiting to see if they do (slightly cruel, I know, but I am a
scientist and my curiosity runs rampant and this is the only good way
to test it out).

Erika

--

Erika V. Iyengar, Ph.D. Visiting Assistant Professor Biology Department, Mateer Hall The College of Wooster Wooster, OH 44691

eiyengar_at_wooster.edu (330) 263-2437 /----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>