RE: NANFA-- Darters and Research Grant Proposals

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 12:08:25 EDT

Mark, I think you're right. I was entering a low-level migraine when I wrote
that and I woke up this morning wondering what I said in that e-mail... I'm
going to scan the color photo out of Mettee et al.'s book "Fishes of
Alabama" and send it to Jay (thanks, Jay!) if he wants to temporarily post
it on his site. Mine differs by only having red in the first dorsal. I
suppose I could execute the poor thing and count his/her peduncle scales,
etc., but I can't do that, not yet anyway.

For those of you who feel you need an exercise in humility, get into IDing
darters!

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL