NANFA-- Re: Captive-bred fish

Mark (mbinkley_at_columbus.rr.com)
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 00:44:19 -0400

At 11:23 AM -0400 8/28/01, Shireen Gonzaga wrote:
>Until then, perhaps NANFA could encourage its
>members to get captive-bred fish whenever possible?

Good point, Shireen. Any breeders out there? We're looking for hobbyist
or professional breeders who have the inclination to produce many of the
native American species that simply are not available commercially.
Relying on wild stocks will ultimately pose a threat to native populations.
So if you are interested in breeding natives or are currently doing so, we
want your fishes. Sell them to us at wholesale, and we will make them
available to other hobbyists via our mailorder business. We take care of
the time consuming tasks of marketing and shipping live fishes. You get
the enjoyment of producing captive reared fishes that no one else does.
Ultimately this will be a benefit to the wild fishes by protecting them,
and by giving more people direct experience with the many little-known
species. If you don't want to deal with money, we can offer store credit
as well. Email me:

jonah_at_mail.jonahsaquarium.com