RE: NANFA-L-- minnow breeding

Peter Unmack (peter.lists at)
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:23:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Bruce Stallsmith wrote:

> I think that any of the Cyprinellas are easy to spawn, as long as you feed
> them well and keep them in a largeish tank. And the various Hydrophlox
> species in Notropis seem to be easy; they're-in-least obvious as they color
> up.

Is there a standard list of the "hydrophlox" group of Notropis species?
I'm not familiar enough to know which species those are. If it is a long
list, do you have the citation so that I can look them up please? If
there are only a few perhaps you could list them?

Also, those of you who have mentioned Cyprinella suggest they are all
pretty easy to spawn. Let me turn that around and ask are there any that
are not easy to spawn/keep?

Cheers
Peter