Re: NANFA-L-- Fish art opportunity

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:54:05 +0700

If all you want is just show the eel just prepare a tank 1.5 times the
eel's length or more with fine gravel and a few pvc pipes and a very
tight cover with only small holes for air. The water should be
shallow and the tank should not be too bright. It can become very
tame after a while and should be able to tolerate being watched by
lots of people. Train the eel to eat pieces of fish and shrimp and I
think you can encourage it to come out more often.

BTW does it hide that much? I had kept some aberrant color ones and
they seem not to hide totally [often they poke their heads out but not
really looking-in-you] and they have to rise to the water surface
taking a gulb of air often, so people should be able to see them.

Tony