RE: NANFA-L-- Its been a long long time

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Its been a long long time
From: Rose, Patrick PO (PWRose-in-C2Cen.uscg.mil)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 07:35:17 CST

First Thanks to all who have welcomed me, I look forward to meeting everyone
at some point in time. I am also thinking about makeing the trip for the
convention next year, Thats a little haul for me though.

I plan on getting back with those guys in SC to do a trip right after the
new year, I am an instructor in the Coast Guard and we have classes starting
back up right after the new year so my duty and all that fun stuff will
change so that I can get out and do some collecting and researching. Maybe
by spring time I can get a trip together for members to come down to NC from
the DC area and up from SC to do some collecting. We can go in search of the
elusive whompus cat I hear about, along with some regular fish to.

I hope no one minds my sense of humor, and my ability to be very long
winded.

I was wondering though, how many members are teachers-in-colleges in the
science and or marine dept. I am thinking about gong back to college when I
retire from the military, and want to go for ichthyology, depending on how
long it will take to get a degree in it. If it takes like 6 years to finish
it then I thnk I better start now, lol. But any guidance on this from
college professors that might be hanging around with us would be great.

When I was a member berfore there used to be like a family membership, is
that still available or is it just individual only?