RE: NANFA-L-- striped or golden shiners

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- striped or golden shiners
From: Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 10:12:08 CST

I've always been partial to striped shiners. They're active, hardy, will eat
anything you offer them (and then some?), and look good as a result of their
activity. And they can probably deal with one or more longears.

--Bruce Stallsmith
the Tennessee is receding, really
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Lori Austin <providentaustin-in-yahoo.com>
>To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
>Subject: NANFA-L-- striped or golden shiners
>Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:02:01 -0800 (PST)
>
>If anyone has experience with either (striped shiners or golden shiners), I
>want to determine which species would fit best with longear sunfish as far
>as durability, activity behavior, and color. I have seen photos of
>goldens...they look pretty good I think..and, the local bait shop has them.
> Stripe are found in similar habitat-in-least in the longear sunfish
>streams around me...but, based on aquarium photos I have seen (only a few)
>they look rather drab (during spring, large males look awesome, but what
>about year-round). Anyway, based on overall quality...is one better over
>the other (sounds like I am shopping for a car)
>
>thanks

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:41:58 CST